Sunday, March 6, 2016

Patio Before and After

When I moved into my place over a year ago, I knew that I wanted to do a little makeover to the patio area. One half of the area is dirt (now dirt and weeds!), and the other half is a cement pad. There was a woefully mismatched fence surrounding it, and nothing else. I started out thinking that I would just put some plants in/on items that I already had from my antique dealing days, but changed my plan somewhere down the line. The privacy/sound/ugly factor made covering and unifying the fence my priority. I am happy and proud to say that the cement pad end of the patio is now "done". I will be adding to my potted succulent garden, but the fencing issue has been solved, I added decorative rock to the border of the cement pad, painted a dining set and put that out there, and planted a little bowl of succulents to dress it up. For as little as I spent (under $150), it made a HUGE difference. I now enjoy looking out my slider, and I know that I will be spending more time outside in the nice weather...because the cats demand it!

I posted about the rocks I used in an earlier post. The rattan fencing that I used was also from Lowe's ($4.47 for a 6" by 15' roll), as was the terra cotta bowl ($9.99). I think the next step for this space is just to till up the dirt, weed, and plant grass seed.

No comments:

Post a Comment