I have been thinking about the bags of river rock since I saw my local Lowe's putting them by the store entrance a while back. At one point, I thought about doing rock in the whole dirt portion of my patio, but now that some grass is going I think it might be nice to have grass. I decided to use the rock to fill in the small border between the cement pad and the fence, since it is really too narrow to use for planting. I finally picked up a bag today, and one 0.5 cubic foot bag stretched across one whole side of this border. The other side is twice as wide, so will require two bags, but at $5 a bag it is still a relatively cheap fix. The rocks aren't as deep as I'd like, so I will probably buy an extra bag to fill in, but I love the difference they have made. It looks so much more finished than just the dirt did. The fence is shabby, and will be covered by some reed fencing eventually. It will look nice, fill in the cracks between boards, and also help to muffle sounds from neighbors. Like most renters, I struggle with spending money on something that I may not be able to take with me, but I get so much pleasure from my outdoor space (even just looking at it from inside), that it is worth it to me.

No comments:
Post a Comment